Signs of Speech and Language Disorders in Children
- Does not interact socially (infancy and older)
- Does not follow or understand what you say (starting at 1 year)
- Says only a few sounds, words, or gestures (18 months to 2 years)
- Words are not easily understood (18 months to 2 years)
- Does not combine words (starting at 2 years)
- Struggles to say sounds or words (3 to 4 years)
For detailed information on Identify the Signs visit the Identify the Signs website.
Identify the Signs of Communication Disorder
Questions about development? Please ask a speech language pathologist!