Register and pay below for screenings being
conducted at your child’s school.
- Screenings are conducted by Speech Language Pathologists and Occupational Therapists
- School and Parents receive a copy of one page summary of screening results (By signing up for this screening, you are agreeing to results being shared with your child’s school. If you prefer to have results kept confidential, please schedule the screening to be conducted at our clinic.)
- If concern is noted during the screening, an attempt will be made to contact parents
- Screenings help to answer any questions related to development
- The screening will not diagnose anything. Screenings are a way to identify possible signs or symptoms of vision, hearing, speech, language, and or motor difficulties. If a concern is noted, parents will be encouraged to seek a professional evaluation. This may include a referral to an ophthalmologist, ENT (otolaryngologist), Neurologist, Developmental Pediatrician, Audiologist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist etc.
- 6th Grade and Up: Vision/Hearing (Speech & Motor will only be included at parent request)
- 4 Years & Up (PreK through 5th Grade): Vision/Speech/Language/Hearing/Motor (Note: Some schools may opt to have Speech/Language/Motor only for their 4-year-olds)
- 3-year-old: Speech/Language/Motor ONLY (no vision/hearing), unless your child is turning 4 within one month of screening date- then vision and hearing will be added.
- 2-year-old: If you have a concern regarding your child’s development, please sign-up for the screening and you will be contacted by one of our therapists to go through a developmental screening via phone. 2-year-olds are not pulled from their classrooms to be screened.
- Cost of the screening is $25.00
Schools Scheduled for On-Site Screenings
Cornerstone MDO, Hyde Park, Covenant United Methodist Preschool, Council Oak Preschool, St Mark Children’s Day Out , Triumphant Love Child Development Center , Hope Children’s Center, Hyde Park Preschool, St. Thomas More, St. Francis, Brentwood Christian School, Austin International School, St. Theresa’s, Covenant Presbyterian,Lake Travis United Methodist, St Philip’s, Peace Preschool, Good News Preschool, Leander United Methodist Preschool, Tarrytown Children’s Center, Grace Garden Children’s Center, Austin Jewish Academy, A Child’s Haven
Please call 512-250-8706 if you would like to schedule a screening at your school.
Developmental Screenings- Give your child the gift of opportunity to succeed academically and socially.